Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20, 2009


Adding to my joy today was the Inauguration of our country's 44th president. A new chapter in our nation's history begins and it began with our President issuing a call to serve. Yes, I can! And...yes, I will.


With honesty, President Obama told us of the bumpy road that we must walk down, but he also encouraged us and ispired us by telling us that he believed in our ability to make that walk. Yes, we can...we've done it before.


For the first time I can remember, an American president included in his fold, "non-believers." He also talked about putting science back into the vocabulary of the Administration. Yes, yes, yes!!


For lack of a better word, "Hallelujah!!!!"




1 comment:

Angela said...

Great post.

Obama's campaign was the first political campaign I've ever volunteered for. Normally I'm not that motivated when it comes to politics, but there's just something about Obama that motivated me to take actions. And it feels so great to have a President who has the ability to inspire people like that.